Sunday 19 June 2011

Parsley Sage Rosemary and Thyme... and Sorrel and Savory...

Weeding has been the top priority this wet weekend.  I've clawed back the jungle under the carrot nets to rediscover the remnants of the carrot rows.  I think the slugs have been having a field day. Also strawberry production has started in earnest. Honeoye going like the clappers,  Cambridge Favourite looking extremely big, and on the verge of ripening. I do hope these turn out to be as tasty as promised.  Judibell and Florence are late varities so I have these to look forward to trying for the first time - and then there's everbearing Albion to follow.  It's my "year of the strawberry". If all goes well it will just be the first of many.

Back at home I'm really please with how the herb bed has come on. 



Didn't he do well?

The plan is:


                          C                        C

ROCKET                         SAGE                   ROSEMARY

                          H                        H

  P          A             R          S          L           E           Y

                          I                          I

CORIANDER                SAVORY                   THYME

                          V                        V

 P          A             R           S            L        E       Y

                          E                         E

FENUGREEK              CHERVIL                 SORREL

                          S                         S

Probably the rocket, coriander, fenugreek and parsley belong in the vegetable patch instead of this warm dry bed. I'll replace them with oregano, buckler sorrel and tarragon, which I have elsewhere,  before the season is out.                                          

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan...!!

    Martin :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again we haven't had the wet weekend promised but still have plenty of weeds.! I redid my herb bed this year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever dog ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all looking very healthy....I don't expect those chives will stay in neat little rows though...lol

    ReplyDelete